Setting Life Goals the Simple Way
Everybody has little goals that are set and achieved on an everyday basis. At the start of the day, you might be thinking about making your date later in the night a success.
Preparing to make that date a success is actually one example of a simple goal that you tried to achieved within a few hors after you have waken up in the morning.
In life, you are bombarded by such little goals in life. But there are goals that take longer to achieve. These goals are for the long term. That is why achieving them takes a lot of patience and perseverance.
These goals are often referred to as life goals.
Life goals are goals or target outcomes that you want to achieve in your life. Life goals are commonly referred to as goals that help one person choose what path to take or help one define what he really wants to achieve in his life time.
That sets life goals from the common and simple short-term goals you set everyday in your life. Simple and short-term goals can be achieved in a matter of hours or even minutes.
Life goals take longer to achieve. These are more of challenges because achieving them usually is an ardent task and requires utmost patience, determination and hard work.
But no matter how hard the task of setting life goals can be, and actually doing measures to achieve these goals, setting and attempting to achieve life goals can be made easier by adhering to the following simple guidelines and tips.
• Start with the personal goals. Set a personal lifetime goal. You will be amazed to find out that unconsciously, you are setting lower level plans or goals to make your major life goals achievable.
• Consider what you really like to achieve in your life. Be specific and realistic. You would not want to rule the whole world someday for sure. That could be an impossible life goal, but you can dream of something bigger for yourself. Know yourself, your likes and what really would make you happy. Follow your instincts when setting goals.
• Be positive. Remember, being optimistic would help you achieve and set better life goals for yourself. Having a good feeling about a goal would definitely help you put out all of your heart and efforts to achieving that goal.
• Set your priorities. When you have your goals already set, or even if you are still in the arduous and continuous process of achieving these goals, knowing your priorities and adhering to attaining them would likely help you somehow get orderly amid the long and winding goal-achieving process.
• Set performance goals instead of outcome goals. Performance goals can be achieved if you have the skill, talent and knowledge about these goals. Outcome goals are not like that, and sometimes are depending on sheer luck and fate, which sometimes you could not do nothing about but just wait and see. Make sure you do something to achieve your life goals, not just merely wait and see what unfolds.
• Be determined. Sometimes, there are goals that you fail to achieve. Do not let these simple failures halt you when attempting to achieve your life goals. Determined people would surely not falter.
Moreover, life goals could be made easier to achieve if you have focus. Know what you really want, why you want it, and how you could possibly attain it. That is focus, and that would help you achieve that life goal you’ve been dying to get at.